Erika Karp founded Cornerstone Capital Group to bring the disciplines of finance, economics and sustainability to bear in pursuit of a more regenerative and inclusive form of capitalism. Over the course of her 25-plus years on Wall Street, Erika developed a deep belief in environmental, social and governance (ESG) analysis as a critical input to investment decision-making.
Prior to launching Cornerstone, Erika was Managing Director and Head of Global Sector Research at UBS Investment Bank. She chaired the Global Investment Review Committee, served on the UBS Securities Research Executive Committee, and served on the Environmental and Human Rights Committee of the UBS Group Executive Board.
Her work has been featured by media including Bloomberg, The Guardian, the Financial Times, Investor Relations Magazine, and Forbes. Erika speaks on sustainable investing and finance at venues around the world including the UN Global Compact, the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), the Clinton Global Initiative, the Wharton School, the NYSE, the Organization for Economic Co-operation & Development (OECD), the Aspen Institute, the White House, and many other forums. Erika holds an MBA in Finance from Columbia University and a BS in Economics from the Wharton School. She recently joined the Board of Directors of Conscious Capitalism.
- Founding Board member, the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board
- Advisor to the Humanity United’s Know the Chain initiative
- Ambassador to the World Benchmarking Alliance
- Ambassador for the International Integrated Reporting Council
- Member of CECP’s Strategic Investor Initiative Advisory Council
- United Nations General Assembly Speaker and Global Compact Board Advisor
- Advisor to former Clinton Global Initiative Market-Based Approaches team; plenary speaker at 2014 Winter Meeting
- Served on World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council on Financing & Capital
- Served on Program Design Advisory Council, Harvard Business School’s Executive Education Program, Innovating for Sustainability
- Has been named among the nation’s “Top 50 Women in Wealth” by AdvisorOne, one of the “Purpose Economy 100,” the “Good 100” and one of 50 “Conscious Capitalists” who are “Transforming Wall Street.”
- Named by Worth Magazine’s “Groundbreakers 2020: 50 Women Changing the World.”
- Received Babson College’s 2019 Lewis Institute Centennial Social Innovator Award